I was a little bit bored one evening so I decided my large Yankee candle needed a sweater! It’s a really quick pattern so it shouldn’t take too long.
- 7mm crochet hook
- DK wool in any colour you like.
***I use American crochet terms in my patterns!***
- Make a foundation chain 38 sts long.
- DC into 3rd st from end of chain. Continue to end. (35)
- Ch 1. SC to end.
- Repeat 2 and 3 twice more.
- I added shell pattern stitching for the next few rows. I recommend this link for thorough instructions on how to crochet in this stitch.
- Repeat 5 twice more.
- Repeat 2 and 3 three more times.
- Fasten off and use the loose end to sew the sides together.
You can now pull the candle cosy over the top of the candle!
This fits on all large Yankee candles, but will also fit any glass jar or candle of a similar size.
It’d be a great personalised addition to any gift (birthdays, housewarming, Christmas, etc)
(Pattern can also be edited to exclude the shell stitching. Another 3 repeats of steps 2 and 3 would do instead).